How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34421
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an 85 yr. old female, own my own home, and live in

Customer Question

I am an 85 yr. old female, own my own home, and live in California. I have been providing a home for my granddaughter and her illegitimate son for the last four years so he could go to school. He is eighteen and has completed high school. He is very disruptive and is a great stress to me. Do I have any legal obligation to continue providing a home for him?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

You have no legal obligation to provide for any adult. You can kick him out but you first need to give him 60 days notice to leave.

If he refuses you will need to hire an attorney to get an ejectment order from the court, which will then be executed by the sheriff.