Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Educational system is running a minor (6th grade)male out of

Customer Question

Educational system is running a minor (6th grade)male out of the district under the pretense that the minor does not live in the district, due to disruptive behavior in school that is caused by ADHD. The minor is under court-ordered custody of his grand parents who live within the school's district. Can we (he) sue the district for harassment?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I think there is a basis for harassment here and possible violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The challenge is suing a government entity. You have to sue under the process that your state allows for suing the governmental entity.
Here is a great overview. http://statelaws.findlaw.com/illinois-law/how-to-sue-a-school-in-chicago-for-injuries.html

Let me know if you have any specific questions otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.