How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I financed my ex son in law on what was supposed to be a

Customer Question

I financed my ex son in law on what was supposed to be a family business he said he would pay for all the payments on my cards I put it all on then my daughter divorced him and he stopped paying me for anything. Can I get my money back without signed contracts
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Yes, you can still enforce these oral contracts. (Be aware, the statute of limitations is shorter, you only have 2 years instead of 4 to file suit).

If the amount in dispute is $10,000.00 or less, you can take advantage of small claims court and sue quickly and without the need for an attorney: