How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116837
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife had an affair a year ago with a coworker. It ended

Customer Question

My wife had an affair a year ago with a coworker. It ended but he has reached out to her a few ties and I have been crystal clear through texts that he needs to go away before something happens. Can I file a restraining order against him as I don't know what he is capable of and we have young children
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Not off the top of my head
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Yes, if he is harassing you and your spouse, you can seek to file a restraining order against him for that harassment. You would need to bring proof to court to show his harassing conduct to support the grounds for issuance of the restraining order and if he then continues to violate the order he would go to jail.

Related Family Law Questions