How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116835
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know what I can do about the papers I was severed

Customer Question

I need to know what I can do about the papers I was severed for child support and how to see my daughter. Her mother is keeping her from me and I want to win custody of her
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

What exactly were you served.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was from Attorny General. Saying I have 20 days to respond with an answer and 50 days to give my financial statements
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

Can you scan them and attach them to this chat so I can see what kinds of documents these are?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
give me a few mins
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is what I was sent. Last year I tried to get attorney general to set up an account for me to ot threw they sent me papers I filled them out and sent them back. Then we had a meeting and they said there was nothing they could do for me. They have the paper that I filled out of all the money I sent to my ex and she agreed to all the money I spent. I can't find my copy but I have continued to pay or buy things for my daughter. I have not seen my daughter in over a month and she won't even let me talk to her
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

I am going to opt out in favor of someone who has state child support experience in the State of Texas as this is a little more complex than a case filed by a parent. Do not respond or the case will be sent back to me.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
First off, the papers you were served are only for child support payments and have nothing to do with custody/visitation, that is a separate issue for which you need to file a petition to modify custody if there is a custody order in place she is not following and ask the court to modify your visitation schedule to get your visitation order set (See:
You have to file that and serve the mother with a summons to answer and appear. This has nothing to do, as I said above, with what you were served.
You have to submit an answer that looks just like the document you were served and answer each paragraph that they have in the complaint. This is not something simple and you really should be using a local attorney to represent you on this because they are seeking child support and back child support from you and an order to garnish your pay for that support and you need to get this done right and now is not the time to try to do something like this pro se, you simply do not have the time to answer and protect yourself.

Related Family Law Questions