How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son and s live in girlfriend are about to split up. My

Customer Question

My son and his live in girlfriend are about to split up. My parents bought them car. they're both in his name . can she keep the car for the baby. She has been employed for 2 years and he has been employed for 6 months. She has supported this family since the baby was born. Does she have to give up the car?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  David L replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for asking your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. What is your preference, that she is able to keep the car or that she is required to return it to your son?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She keep the car for the child
Expert:  David L replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the clarification. I think you can make a reasonable legal argument that she keep the car. At a minimum, she should be entitled to at least 1/2 the value of the car. Is your son trying to keep the car?