How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Story short. I am 27 years old, youngest of 4. My family is

Customer Question

Hello, so long story short. I am 27 years old, youngest of 4. My family is from California, we moved to Wyoming in 2006. My father has been paying back owed child support on us for several years now. It use to go to my mother but for the 4 years or so it has been going to the state of California and they are taking 50% of his paycheck. There has to be away to get this to stop? What is the point in paying the state back owed child support when I have been an adult for 9 years.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did you or your mother ever receive any type of public assistance before you became and adult, such as food stamps, welfare, medicaid, etc...?

Related Family Law Questions