How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a lawyer around Woodbridge that can file the

Customer Question

I need a lawyer around Woodbridge Virginia that can file the necessary papers for a Name Change for a minor
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

While we cannot provide representation for customers on this forum (we are a general information site), We can provide you with the information to complete a name change for a minor in Virginia.

Including the Court form: and instructions for the form:

VA requires both parents to consent to a name change, so the above form works when both parents consent to the name change in writing.

If one parent is not available for some reason, then this packet can be useful in petitioning the court for a name change (it gives detailed information on how to pursue a name change if one parent is unable to be found and how to go about that asking the court to grant the name change that way): (it is written for Fairfax County, so some of the forms say this on them specifically and you may have to change them if you live in a different county, but the law is valid throughout the state of Virginia).

If you would still like to find an attorney to represent you. You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).

Related Family Law Questions