How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have full sole, legal, residential custody of my children

Customer Question

I have full sole, legal, residential custody of my children here in Brooklyn, NY. My Ex has not paid child support since February. My children are 16 and 10. He is a General Contractor who is in a mainly cash business. He owns a 4 family home, has several workers and a secretary, but lies about how much money he makes. He recently had people visiting from Europe, paid for dinners, 3 hotel rooms, renting a van and now plans to go to Montreal this weekend with these visitors to go to the Formula 1 races for the weekend. I know he will be paying for everything for these people as he is a show off. Ex wants to take our son there this weekend and I should give him the passport. I am inclined not to do so. Do I have to give him my son and passport? The passport application says I do not, since child support has not been paid. How old does my son have to be until he can refuse visitation at all? I heard it was 13 in NY.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


Is this your ex's custodial time according to any visitation schedule put in place by the court?


Is there any restriction in the visitation order about a child leaving the state or country without permission from the parent or the court? (this is typical)





Related Family Law Questions