How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116803
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been divorced years. My ex husband has not split any

Customer Question

I have been divorced for eight years. My ex husband has not split any of the bills for the children or the home repairs (as per our divorce). His name is ***** ***** our marital home and I would like some advice on how I legally can get his name off the title since he has not payed for anything he was legally suppose too. Thank you very much. Sincerely, ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to hold him accountable for what was in the divorce order, you would now have to file a Motion for Order to Show Cause for Contempt and list each thing he has not complied with in the court order and ask the court for an order to make him pay or to grant you the ownership of the home in full as penalty for his refusal to pay. FL courts are not the best for pro se litigants and the courts really treat parties who are represented by legal counsel better, so you should consider using an attorney, especially since if you prove your case and he is found in contempt, as part of the sanctions the court can make him pay your attorney's fees for forcing you to go to court to enforce the divorce court order.