Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If I miss a scheduled hearing regarding an objection to

Customer Question
parenting time filed by the...
If I miss a scheduled hearing regarding an objection to parenting time filed by the custodial parent, do I have the option to appeal/ object the ruling made in my absence?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
6/8/2016
Family Lawyer: FamilyAttorney, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
FamilyAttorney

Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. My practice is limited to family law and appeals, but I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues, contract law, and other types of law. I also have written hundreds of legal articles. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site.

At the end of this discussion I'm going to ask you to please rate me as that's the only way I get credit for my time here today. Are you okay with rating me at the end of our discussion? Thanks!

Please also understand I am typing my answer to your question – usually a detailed answer – and I’ll be back to you asap.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I would need to know what state this is in, first of all, and was this failure to object listed as a default judgment?

I would need to know what state this is in and if it's a default judgment for failing to appear.

I'm going to let someone else answer it so I will opt out. It's 3:04 EST and I cannot do a phone call at this time. Thanks.

Family Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

This is expert Maverick. If you still want help with this question via a live phone call, please submit a premium services offer for $59.00 under the premium services tab within the next one hour and I will be happy to assist you.

Ely, Counselor at Law