Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

In the State of Rhode Island, USA: A woman found out the

Customer Question

In the State of Rhode Island, USA: A woman found out the following information after marriage: She now resides in the State of Georgia, USA.
The woman married a man who falsely claimed the birthdate and name of his son. This man was also married at the time to another woman. The man was on probation for felony convictions including child molestation of his own child.
Does this woman have a right to claim that the marriage was null / void. Over one year has passed since the woman married the man.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Was the woman married in Rhode Island?

Is this man still legally married to the same person he was married to at the time of the woman's in question marriage?