How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking to assist in my spouse and I emancipating my

Customer Question

I am looking for language to assist in my spouse and I emancipating my son from child support. Can you provide?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Can you please clarify:

1) What state is this in?
2) What do you mean "looking for language?" As in - do you want to know what pleading to file, or, what the pleading verbiage would look like, or, what statutory law applies?

3) Is the mother in agreement to drop or reduce child support?

4) What would the petition be based on? Is he earning less/none at the moment, as opposed to what he earned when the order was rendered?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't matter what state. We are in the state of New Jersey. Please provide me language that my ex wife and I can state in our agreement, that we BOTH agree to emancipated our son from receiving any more Child support from I , his father as of July 1, 2016.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting for my response. Please respond to my question.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Okay, so I understand that to mean that (1) you and your ex live in NJ, and, (2) you both agree to terminate child support that you are currently paying. Can you please confirm for me that I am correct about that, and also tell me: Is there a current order in place or is the amount that you are paying voluntary?

I need this to answer your question. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clearly explained to you earlier that both parents of the child agree to emancipate our child from child support in the state of new Jersey. What language could we use in the document highly that we BOTH agree to emancipate our child from ANY child support, as of July 1, 2016.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is an order that is in place in NJ. Please provide the language requested ASAP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My answer please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting for my answer please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for my answer or I am calling my credit card company ASAP. You have ONE MINUTE TO RESPOND WITH AN ANSWER.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
No, you did not originally clearly explain this. Your original question and subsequent replies only specified that you and your ex had "something" in place. I was not sure whether this was an informal agreement or a formal order. This was a big nuance that I had to clarify. You had only clarified this now.
In addition, your original question stated "emancipating my son from child support," which leads one to believe that you meant you were seeking to help your son to stop him from paying child support by filling something out for him. This along with other ambiguities such as what state this was concurring in prevented me from understanding the full situation until you were kind enough to explain.
My response would take about 5 minutes to type out since this is live and you want verbiage to place into your petition to submit to the Court to terminate the order.
Your repeated inquiries into where your answer is shows that I may be typing too slow for your satisfaction. I was half way through typing the reply but it seems I am not fast enough.
I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts who may be faster.
Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

I am a different attorney the site asked me to check with you to see if you still need assistance? Since laws vary from state to state itbis crucial for the attorneys to know the state your question pertains to and your specific questionn.