How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAttorney Your Own Question
FamilyAttorney, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1508
Experience:  Owner, attorney in private practice, appellate attorney, GAL & former trial lawyer, licensed for 37 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAttorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to file a Temporary Parenting Plan in Loudon County

Customer Question

I need to file a Temporary Parenting Plan in Loudon County Tennessee. I have the Plan typed and ready to file and need to know what other documents the courts will request to proceed
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. My practice is limited to family law and appeals, but I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues, contract law, and other types of law. I also have written hundreds of legal articles. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site.

At the end of this discussion I'm going to ask you to please rate me as that's the only way I get credit for my time here today. Are you okay with rating me at the end of our discussion? Thanks!

Please also understand I am typing my answer to your question – usually a detailed answer – and I’ll be back to you asap.

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

It is expected that a plaintiff will file a proposed Temporary Parenting Plan with the complaint and the defendant will file a proposed plan with the answer.

Are you the plaintiff or the defendant in this case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There has been nothing filed yet- I was doing that today, I have a Temporary Parenting Plan drafted from I am the father - the plantiff. I would think since she will not sign the plan as I have asked her to then yes she will respond
This is for Loudon County, TN
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

I used to write for a law firm in TN.

If you're the plaintiff then you would have to file the complaint also. You'd have to have her served with the complaint and serve the TPPlan at the same time. Do you have someone to draft a complaint for you or are you doing this yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have drafted the plan - but I guess not the complaint. I was trying to file this part pro se- is it possible to have a complaint drafted by myself from a form online ?
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

You can, of course, but if you miss something you'd have to amend the complaint later on.

It's advisable to have a family lawyer do this for you, but if you know exactly what you want and you're sure you're not going to miss anything important, then there are companies that prepare complaints online for each state or you can probably find a form through the online court site. Many states provide those. With children, you have to make sure you ask for the right type of parenting time, child support if any, alimony if any, and distribution of property and debt. It can get complicated. If you believe you can handle it yourself, then you can do that, or have an online company do it for you. There's really no substitute for having a family lawyer doing it for you but many people cannot afford one, so there are alternatives. You must have the complaint if you have the parenting plan and it has to be served correctly.

Does this answer your question?

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need any more information, such as where to find an attorney in your area, or anything else related to this question. Id' rather be rated positively and if I didn't answer all of your questions, I'd like to have a chance to make sure that I do. Thanks in advance for rating me.

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps and clarifies. If you could, I'd appreciate it if you can rate me when finished. Kindly rate me positively so that I can get credit. It is no additional charge to you.

Please accept my answer, rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. I thank you in advance for rating me. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating. Thank you and best of luck to you!

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

Hi, just checking in to see if you still need help with your question and if my answer was helpful for you. Thanks and thank you for allowing me to help you.