How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in illinois and share custody with other non

Customer Question

I live in illinois and share custody with other non residental parent here in cook county as the primary residence my 17 1/2 year old is defiant and cannot be disciplined : wont go to room when ordered and screams if i try to insist disrupting the whole apartment and building i want her to live with the mom my ex but she refuses what can i do to make this happen the mom will accept her at her apartment
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
You can ask the court to modify and change custody. That would give it legal standing for it to be enforced if the daughter does not comply.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
Ideally an attorney can help file etc but if you want to file on your own then you both can file a joint motion.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions otherwise a positive rating is appreciated.