Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I live in illinois and share custody with other non

Customer Question

I live in illinois and share custody with other non residental parent here in cook county as the primary residence my 17 1/2 year old is defiant and cannot be disciplined : wont go to room when ordered and screams if i try to insist disrupting the whole apartment and building i want her to live with the mom my ex but she refuses what can i do to make this happen the mom will accept her at her apartment
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
You can ask the court to modify and change custody. That would give it legal standing for it to be enforced if the daughter does not comply.
Ideally an attorney can help file etc but if you want to file on your own then you both can file a joint motion.

Let me know if you have additional questions otherwise a positive rating is appreciated.