How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Shortly after finalizing my divorce, drastic changes

Customer Question

Shortly after finalizing my divorce, drastic changes occurred regarding unemployment, substantial decrease in income and loss of health benefits.
I bought our house from my ex and was left with no cash flow. He does not pay for child support due to the house appraising for an excess, to compensate support monies. I had poor representation and my lawyer has left the state without leaving her former partner forwarding information. I am in need of financial help and my ex spouse pays nothing. What is my recourse?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel. Please tell me what state your divorce was in. Also, tell me how old are your children? And what year did the finalization of your divorce take place?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter is 16 years old. Colorado and the divorce finalized 8/2014
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


Thank you. I suggest you can try filing a Child Support request at this time - showing a change in financial circumstances. However, if you had an agreement then the agreement is going to be binding. Do you recall if your agreement was incorporated into the final divorce? You could try to get the court to order mediation where the two parents can determine if the child is being financially neglected and why.