I am sorry to hear this;
Even if a party is the sole name on a rental lease, the other person residing there is considered a tenant, and would require notice to vacate if the main tenant wishes to have them removed. Depending on how long the person has lived there, this time frame can vary (generally between 30 and 60 days)
If a person is emotionally abusive, one can seek a protective order, and that can result in an order to vacate the family home.
That information is here
A family court order is appropriate for domestic situations - please see here
Also one may wish to start the divorce process as that requires either grounds for divorce, or a 6 month waiting period - the grounds are:
- cruel and inhumane treatment
- Confinement in prison for 3 or more consecutive years
- Living separate and apart pursuant to a separation judgment or decree
- Living separate and apart pursuant to a separation agreement
- irretrievable breakdown in the relationship for a period of at least 6 months
More information on that is here
Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.
Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.
(no additional charges are incurred).
Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.