How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27594
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have filed support. I had a hearing/conference. My ex did

Customer Question

I have filed for child support. I had a hearing/conference. My ex did not show up. The judge put him in contempt and sent an attachment to his employer. He has not paid yet. They sent court papers to the address he was last known to be but they got sent back. He has til the 20th to comply. Now when I checked the case docket it said INTERIM ORDER NOW FINAL - HEARING. What does this mean
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I was told that if he has not paid by the 20th they would contact his employer and inquire why the 1st payments were not paid
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The interim order is the temporary court order you may get soon after you file your motion. In this order, the court tries to take care of your children's needs until your motion is finally resolved. In this case, he had 20 days to comply, failed to do so, so now the Judge imposed the order as final and it has legal effect to be enforced. The State can now go to his employer and garnish his wages, to try and collect what he owes in support.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Related Family Law Questions