How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter got kids took in actor abuse and neglected and

Customer Question

My daughter got kids took in actor abuse and neglected and the kids had drugs in there system from her partner they are marry what are the changes of her get the kids back that are in frosters care know and we the grandparents are asking for them to be sent to nc to stay with us she has all ready abusevtwonof the kids and we have them with us for 13 and 10 years and now she abuse the other four and her partner give them drugs what are our changes of getting these kids out of frosted care please let me know
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am sorry to hear about this situation. Is there a case pending in court regarding the children? If so you would petition for guardianship there. If not you should talk with a guardianship lawyer about getting guardianship over the children and getting them into your custody. It sounds like these children should not be near mom or her boyfriend.

Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't try and negotiate with DCFS or mom, I would move immediately to get a court order. Generally the courts will want to place the children with family before placing them in foster care if there is a suitable family member.