How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has been separated from her husband years. She

Customer Question

My daughter has been separated from her husband for 2 years. She is bipolar and has had 2 Suicide attempts in the past 4 months and has been in a treatment center for most of these past 4 months. Her husband gives her 3,000 per month and she is not able to work now. She has agreed to a temporary permanent custody agreement in his favor as she is unable to take care of the children at this point. I live in Arizona. Her husband has decided that she must come and live there and that 2,000 of the money he gives her will now have to go towards the co pays occurred during her illness. She wants to stay here because of the girls. He says she doesn't get a choice. My daughter is willing to give me Power of Attorney to get the help she needs. He makes about 250,000 per year, lives in a house worth over 2,000,000 and puts a price on everything, The marriage lasted 11 years (plus 2t they have been separated). We need a strong lawyer to help her with an equitable settlement. Please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Deanna,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades and I handle family law issues.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that your daughter is now living in AZ?

2. How long have they been separated?

3. Does the husband live in CA?

4. Is there a child custody matter pending in any court at this time? If so, where?

5. Is your daughter considering a divorce, or a legal separation?

Thanks in advance,


Related Family Law Questions