How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our grandson was in trouble in Fla,, with drug court and 2

Customer Question

Our grandson was in trouble in Fla,, with drug court and 2 criminal charges that have been resolved and he is on probation for. Our problem is it has cost us $80,000 so far and everyday he is getting hit with additional fines and drug tests, warrants being issued. We need help and at this point can't afford a lawyer for him. He also can't find a job and needs financial assistance. He's been clean 7 months and we all need some help and advice.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I've been an attorney for fifteen years.

He might qualify for a public defender depending on his case.

Other than that, there is not any organization that gives financial assistance to people to pay their fines. Finding a job is hard with a criminal record, and he will more than likely have to apply for any job he can get - even if it means he is washing dishes.