How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116827
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was on unsupervised misdimeanor probation in Los Angeles,

Customer Question

I was on unsupervised misdimeanor probation in Los Angeles, CA. Recently I was arrested in Arizona while driving through the state on my way back home for a funeral in New Mexico. I was then railroaded into agreeing to felony probation in the state of Arizona. Unfortunately, they will not allow me to now leave the state of Arizona unless I have an address where I am going to be living in California, and they won't transfer me back to New Mexico because I am on probation in California. They are basically forcing me into a situation where I am homeless here in Arizona. What are my options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
All you could do at this point is to file a motion to the court asking for the court where you were assigned probation to intervene and to approve the probation transfer to CA. You would ask the court to order probation and parole to submit the probation request to the CA probation and parole office. This is all you can do with probation when they do not want to take the time to work on a probation transfer.

Related Family Law Questions