How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 871
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiance and I got into a physical and verbal fight on

Customer Question

My fiance and I got into a physical and verbal fight on 5/13/16 and the police were called. We are both facing charges from the state for assault and domestic violence. We both are separated from each other and have a business that is suffering as a direct result of this incident. What would be our best avenue of action at this time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are

completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. What you would both need to do - separately - is inform the prosecutor that you do not want to testify against the other person, that you believe this was an isolated incident, and that you both want to put the whole thing behind the two of you and move forward with your lives. While the prosecutor/State can continue to pursue it's case against you both, in general they are less likely to do so when their complaining witness doesn't wish to testify.

Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I noticed you have not yet provided a rating. Do you have any follow up questions? Do you need me to clarify anything? I'll be happy to do so if you need additional assistance.

Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I noticed you have not yet submitted a rating and therefore it remains "Open" on my end. I was wondering if you need any additional information or need me to clarify anything first. I’d be happy to do so. Please do NOT provide a negative rating if there's something you are unclear about; please just ask a follow up question and I'll be happy to answer it.