How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dss required my 16 and 9 year old to take a drug test. They

Customer Question

Dss required my 16 and 9 year old to take a drug test. They took it and the 16 year old was negative but they said the 9 year old test positive for marijuana and cocaine. This highly upset me so i went to local drug store and she tested negative for drugs. I confront the social worker and told her the test was tainted and wanted her tested again. The social worker said she was only allowed to be tested by the same lab and there were no other labs that would test her. I find this hard to believe. So i took her to doctors care and paid for the drug test and her results came back negative. Doctor care even sent the rusults to DSS. But DSS is still trying to take my kids away. They have even been to house and inspected themselves and found nothing wrong. What can i do to keep them from kidnapping my kids...
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: This started with my 16 year old going to guidence concilor because she was upset that her mom and me were argueing over bills. The councilor made it into a drug thing and we have been invesigated ever since. But both my daughter who where requested to take a drug test came up negative. They have no evidence or drugs to keep accusing us of accuraztions...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1) What state is this in?
2) Has the DSS actually filed anything with the court to get custody of the children?
3) If so, is there a temporary or permanent court order giving them custody?