How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am getting out of the Navy Year Tenure shortly and am

Customer Question

I am getting out of the Navy for High Year Tenure shortly and am curious how this will affect my child support because I will be unemployed.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

This is Samuel.

I suggest you will want to consider filing for a modification to have the child support readjusted based on your unemployment income. Keep in mind, that the court will have expectations that you will be reaching your earning potential. And so while there are reduced payments based on your unemployment interest is accumulating on the arrears - that part of the payment you have been granted relief for until you get another job.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

You can file for the Modification by getting the form from the clerk of the court where your order was issued.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Fill it in, file it and have it served on the other party. There will be hearing set.