How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to become a parent however cps has something in there

Customer Question

Hello I want to become a foster parent however cps has something in there record I was found not guilty but it's still in there record I want to know if I can get cps records expunged because I have no charges on my record and this is not helping me its holding me back from becoming a foster parent and I need a attorney who can do this kind of work thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of practice experience handling matters of this nature. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

You can have your record cleared of the charge that is impeding your progress here. You need to take the following steps:

- You need to get a copy of your NCIC report (rap sheet) from the Georgia Criminal Information Center to see precisely what the charge was, what court it was filed within and what they list the outcome as being (what is actually listed may differ from what you believe it should be);

- You then need to file a petition to expunge your record in the court in which the charge was pending, or in the alternative, seal the charge (which should effectively remove this from your criminal history);

- In the motion, you need to request a hearing - in the hearing, you can explain why you are wanting the record cleared so as to be a foster parent (that will work well before the court); and

- Once the order is entered, you need to provide a certified, stamp-filed copy to the Georgia Criminal Information Center to upload onto your record;

- Once uploaded, your record will be clear and the background for foster care will be clear of any charges as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars) on the ratings bar on your end so I can receive credit from the site for my response.

Thank you and best wishes!

Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions or comments?

Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions or comments. I want you to be as comfortable as possible going forward.