How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need some advice I have a situation of so called child

Customer Question

I need some advice I have a situation of so called child abuse, my husband came home from work unexpected on Election Day. When he got home our 8 year old daughter was in the house alone with 2 strange boys 17 years old from a group home and my 15 year old was across the street by the neighbors. Of could my husband freaked out because he didn't know what is going on. My 15 year old then went to the police and told them she was being abused and I'm being abused by her father. There was no arrest however the state was called in. This all happened the Tuesday on Friday taking the advise of a social worker I left work early and tried to get a 302 issued because my daughter told the social worker she was trying to kill herself. My daughter ran off from the hospital and went to her friend house who then contacted the boys from this group home. One of the boy's father 38 years old drove from Philadelphia and picked up my daughter from this friends house. Now I had to file a missing child report. My husband and I knocked on doors and dealt with 5 different precincts in 2 days, my daughter was located way past the airport with this guy from the group home. The social worker said she didn't see any signs of abuse, my two daughters dance 3 days a week, tap and ballet. My 15 year old has been to the Caribbean 8 times, Canada 4 times been to the Bahamas on a cruise and multiple places in the US. The social worker recommended an agency for therapy. At first I was open to it. But now I'm being told I need to apply for medical assistance from the state because they are the only ones that pay for this service. Over the weekend for Memorial Day I was emailed several times to the point of harassment to apply for medical assistance which made me extremely uncomfortable. Why should I apply for medical when I pay for this service through my job? It's a big brother big sister program which I don't think my daughter needs. I just don't know what to do because I feel like this is insurance fraud there a ppl out there that's needs it more than I do. I'm just afraid of what they can do if I refuse the service. Advice strongly needed, I understand they want to be paid but then why can't I find a service through my insurance company?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I understand your concern and have seen similar situations many times.

What agency is contacting you and urging you to use that particular service? CPS?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Ks? WHat does that stand for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K/s MST inc
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

I need to know what those initials stand for. If itis Child Protective Services telling you this you take one direction, if it is the police you take a different direction, etc.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

And I understand it is a social worker but every state agency that deals with children and families has staff that call themselves social workers so that doesn't narrow it down for me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind I just wasted 36 and ur going around in circles for more money, it's ok I just know what to do next time. Stay away from these sites.