How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118188
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A mother said her child named me as a abuser. The police

Customer Question

a mother said her child named me as a sexual abuser. The police came an I have been told took some measurements and determined the father posed a risk and should be removed from the area. Law enforcement never talked to me and I have lied in the vicinity of the child for several months. Now I have been told they want to change the measurements that I would be closer and have to be removed. I don't understand can they come back months later on a case that has been dropped.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is seeming to become a frequent allegation to try to slander the name of individuals someone has a dispute with. If they are trying to have you removed, they need some proof that you committed some violation and while they may insist on temporary removal, they cannot make any removal permanent without evidence. You would have a right to file suit in court against the mother and the police as well and prove in court that the mother is lying and also the police have done a grossly negligent investigation in not every interviewing you or gathering any other evidence and you could seek damages against both the mother and police for making this known false allegation without properly looking into the matter.
As these allegations are serious, you really need to engage a local attorney immediately to protect your rights, especially if the case has been dropped and they are still harassing you over the matter.