How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11814
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married and my wife and I split up after the 6yrs in

Customer Question

I was married for 6yrs and my wife and I split up after the 6yrs in Winchester Kansas. I have been unable to find her because she has moved several Times. I would REALLY like to move on with my life and get remarried but again I cannot find her. Is there a statue of limitations on abandonment ?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes approximately 3yrs ago. I had the papers drawn up but have no clud where to send them. She has moved SEVERAL times she has even moved to Alaska a few times but I have no clue where she is at now.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: All they said was that I had to try to find her and I have no clue where to begin to even look for her. I have tried social media and every thing else such as google ect and have had no luck.
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Not that they said. I have exalted all efforts.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Do you still reside in Kansas?

Did you file for a divorce in Court there?

Related Family Law Questions