How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I missed my deadline from my divorce judge in Maricopa co az

Customer Question

I missed my deadline from my divorce judge in Maricopa co az to file what he called a "China Doll affidavit" and "extention" .I really messed up because I had a mental breakdown and was in the hospital when on deadline day. Plus, I had no idea what all he told me to do when he granted my divorce -telephonically. I couldn't remember everything he told me to do and can't find anything online in my case minutes about his requests. Now I'm terrified I lost everything. I am granted attorney fees to be paid back which is approx. $60k plus. Plus, he ordered husband pay for property valuationion, forensic accountants, more legal help, document prepares, 1/2 husband's assets (exceeds $4mill just stock proceeds last year) $10k/mo spousal support. Husband hasn't responded and won't pay. Can I still figure out where/how file China doll and extension ? how do I turn in settlement amount if don't have money to have husband's private surgery center, investments, real estate, bank accounts evaluated etc when I haven't been given money to pay for professionals. And he only gave me 10 days to do all this..I've been self rep over a year..all by help,no family no knowledge of law, no support and learning very upsetting information that is emotionally tearing me apart. Any idea how where to start. My daughter's been helping me to organize so we can try file everything tomarrow morning but don't know what /where find the proper forms to fill and file. Can't find printable China doll or instrustions anywhere..trying find receipts. Where do I file these forms when/if I do find them. I've put so many hours into filling out motions/ect researching ..and have had dismissed due to not following proper procedure or Maricopa Co az superior court. Please guide me ...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Heather here again and I will try to assist you with your question.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

First, you need to call the clerk of the court and you need to tell her that you need to order a CD recording of the hearing in which the judge gave you the instructions. The clerk will need to know the date of the hearing, but with your help, she should be able to figure it out. With the CD, you can listen to exactly what was said, and I think that will help alot. You should expect to pay a small fee for the CD, but it will be well worth it. Sometimes, I, as an attorney, need to order CDs of hearings that I am at, because it can be really hard to remember each and every thing that the judge states, and the clerk cannot type it fast enough either to get it all in the minutes. I hope that helps!

Related Family Law Questions