How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12359
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I was just taken to Court to pay child support and found

Customer Question

If I was just taken to Court for failure to pay child support and found guilty and they asked and we're granted what she ask for and it was filed can she again take me back to court to ask for more stuff? Also I felt I was paying support just in a different way as I paid my child's truck payment, his insurance, his cell phone among other things totaling well over the ordered support. Please advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

No, if your ex took you to court and she obtained a judgment against you for unpaid child support for a certain period of time, then she cannot change her mind and try to seek more child support for that same period of time.

However, you cannot win an argument that paying your child's truck payment, insurance and phone constitutes child support. Child support is supposed to go to the other parent to help reimburse that other parent for expenses. While the things you paid for certainly helps the child, it doesn't help the other parent who may need the cash for things like rent/mortgage payments, etc.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!