How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is being totally treated unfairly in the Volusia

Customer Question

My son is being totally treated unfairly in the Volusia County court system. It is a very long story but his son is in constant danger and nobody seems to care. We are not only worried about my grandson but also his two siblings.
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: My son is legally blind and has MS. He is on Social Security Disability and cannot afford an attorney.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: Judge Nichols ordered my son not to contact DCF again or he could be arrested.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience, and I'd like to assist you for informational purposes. I'm sorry that your son is not being treated fairly by the court system. Can you let me know a bit more specifically what is your question today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know if he can get a pro bono attorney to help him?
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

You haven't described what type of case this is, so it's hard to say. If it is a criminal matter and he is low income, then he can probably get the court to appoint a public defender to represent him in the case.

I'm assuming you are in Florida. There is a legal aid in Florida and their website is

They have a help-line, which is 1-***-***-****, and I believe they may have attorneys staff that line to speak to people. You should probably start there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK..thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I be charged for this?
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

I'm just the attorney expert who answers the questions for the customer, so I do not know what your agreement is with the website. You will need to ask the customer service part of the website about charges, rather than the attorney-expert.

Could you kindly give me a free positive rating, so that I can indicate that I have finished assisting you this evening.