Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have been living with my fiance/boyfriend years now. He

Customer Question
I have been living with...
I have been living with my fiance/boyfriend for 5 years now. He rencently bought a house and we all moved into it. He has expressed that he wants the kids and i to move out. I said ok will you put a place in your name for me because my credit is not good but i can make the payments like needed he said yes. Come time to get the key he didnt go get it he said he wanted the kids and i to stay with him. Two months later he is now asking us to leave. But his credit has go e down because of the house and credit cards so he cant help me anymore. I have until june 1 2016 to leave or he will take me to court for eviction. Is this abandonment? I have no issues with leaving his home but he knows we have no where to go. We are not in a relationship anymore what can i do i have already contacted shelters at this time they cant help. What can i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
5/29/2016
Family Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello there --

-

Over the time you have been in this house have you paid any money to him for mortgage payments or maintenance?

-

Are any of your children his children also?

-

MARY

Ely, Counselor at Law