How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been living with my fiance/boyfriend years now. He

Customer Question

I have been living with my fiance/boyfriend for 5 years now. He rencently bought a house and we all moved into it. He has expressed that he wants the kids and i to move out. I said ok will you put a place in your name for me because my credit is not good but i can make the payments like needed he said yes. Come time to get the key he didnt go get it he said he wanted the kids and i to stay with him. Two months later he is now asking us to leave. But his credit has go e down because of the house and credit cards so he cant help me anymore. I have until june 1 2016 to leave or he will take me to court for eviction. Is this abandonment? I have no issues with leaving his home but he knows we have no where to go. We are not in a relationship anymore what can i do i have already contacted shelters at this time they cant help. What can i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --


Over the time you have been in this house have you paid any money to him for mortgage payments or maintenance?


Are any of your children his children also?