How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117367
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was forced to take early retirement because medical

Customer Question

i was forced to take early retirement because medical reasons in 1999 once ss approved disabilled union pension that time sperated from wife .she would not sign off on pension paper .at that time did not have money for attorney or time to go divorce 2weeks all had to get pension papers signed noterised she ended up getting half retirement.i firgured once i was heather had money get a divorce and retirement back.i was 37 at time with in that 2 weeks packed up run off with our kids .kids called said the in la .had to find them first then get court order to return.found them texas had papers served had return ca.3days court at that time frocus on kids not on me getting retirment back.after kids aii taking care of i would not agree to divorce terms need whole pension 3years took get back in court let judge deside he ordered her pay it all back and reminberse every month for what was being deduced from monthy check she agreed but said did not have12.000 she was in arears .i told court i would wave 12,000 if she just pay 200 a mounth now on but if misses one payment she owe all back pay and would double monthly payments she on record in court agreeded .it is now 2016 i has cancer no money pay treatments .have not seen a dime from her she owes now 45,000 how can get money.i dont have money to have her wages attached by attorney handle case wants money up front did not ask how much dont have any way continuweny maybe she has at lease 100,000 assects what are opptions.she really dont want to pay now sense i have cancer no treatment turns stage 4 no cure totally treatably for next 2mounths started but they need their money10.000 how can i get my money need frocus beating cancer.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, I don't quite understand what you are getting at? Are you trying to get the court division of your pension reversed because you suddenly find yourself in need because of your medical condition? Is that what you are asking can be done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i want to how i can get the money she owes me with out me having to spend a lot up front.i am willing to spend what ever going rate is but i want it come from her and all arrears have a curd the condo she payed 60,000 is worth 300,000 in a case like mine can the court make her take a loan aginest property to catch up on back payments.and pay monthy payments she was court order to do.Right now it stand at 45,000 she behind.I have cancer medical bills going up every day if i do beat this it will take rest of life to pay them off.she no right to it in first place that is what judge told when got her in court first time .when i do die she still is going to 750 a month from my pension till she die.what are my rights to make her pay up now been 16 years i need the money
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has been order to repay me already by court my attorney handle divorce .says have to have wages garnised i will have pay up front like that will take for ever and she never will catch up i want money shes behind in one lump some and all attorny fee taking out of that.what are my rights to get my money
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can not talk the cancer i have is in throat radiation and chemo has me speach less for now
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
IF she owes you and has not paid, then the only legal way to pursue her is filing a motion for order to show cause for contempt and ask the court to issue a writ of enforcement to seize her property she has and levy her bank accounts you know of. Of course that would mean you need a local attorney involved, but there are attorneys who specialize in collection of these debts and will do so for about 33% of what they collect and you can find a collection attorney near you at the same sites used by other attorneys, or
The only way you will ever collect from her if she is not paying would be to file the motion in the court, as I said above, and get the court to order seizure of her property to be sold off to pay what you are due.