How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116809
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 8 year old son had a huge tantrum at home, was crying and

Customer Question

Hi. My 8 year old son had a huge tantrum at home, was crying and rubbing his face with bedding. He had, what it looks lie "carpet burn" redness on his check. Tantrum followed me not letting him pla vide games as punishment for very Rudd behavior at the sore. So, he went to his room,yelling and crying. He has a tendency to rub his face against beddin. When he went to school, he was asked about it, and being still mad at me said " my mom slapped. E". Today cops lady came and than police. Police was surprised after interviewing kids and checking his red mark on cheek. That said, there is no criminal case, we are closing it.
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Social worker however insists my so goes to doctor for check up and gave me a paper for md. The question I have is hoe long they keep the case oper? Do they still come to the house? What is the best thing to do.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: I don't know, I ust want to know my rights. My boy get very upset when I send him to time out and take his games away. So when the school nurse asked, he being angry with my said I slapped him. Later with social worker and
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son lies if he feel it will be easier on him. With the school nurse, he still was mad with me sanding him to timeout and said it was me who slapped him. Social worker came,right as I was coming crack from iep that we did for him. He is struggling at school and I requested complete assessment including, psychology, behavioral analysis and so on. I did show the papers to social worker. Later on police came, I had wo wake kids up, so they could be questioned. Both of them said the same thing: when he gets upset he yells, cries, throws things around a room and gets his face barrier tight in a bedding, rubbing it. My son admitted lying to a school nurse about me. Police said there is no case, it will be closed on their end. I will take him to pediatrician, so we can complete the phorm and send it back to social worker. Question: is social worker going to be visiting again? How long does it take to close the case?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
These CPS social workers are the most negligent, incompetent and abusive people you will ever deal with. They spend most of their time harassing good parents because it is easier than pursuing parents who are actually abusing children. The problem is these social workers insert their personal bias into these investigations and if they get the slightest dislike for the parent, they will manipulate, twist and even fabricate evidence to make the parent look bad.
That being said, you need to also understand CPS has to investigate all suspected child abuse reports. So they have to make sure that there is indeed no such abuse. You also need to make sure the doctor knows that your child is having a temper and truthfulness problem and get the doctor to perhaps even send the child to a therapist for some brief sessions.
Once you get the information to CPS, if all is in order, then CPS will usually close their case as well, except in the case if you get one of those social workers who has some axe to grind or has a problem with you.

Related Family Law Questions