How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter and her husband has had custody of two children

Customer Question

My daughter and her husband has had custody of two children for 11 years, the bio-mother now wants custody, the mothers past has been poor, at one point married a Pedi file just two years ago and has now divorced him. She has now filed suit for temporary custody during the proceedings. The father of these two children committed suicide and the mother was on drugs and going from one man to the next was the reason they have custody in the first place. The grandparents of the children also agreed and are joint custody with visitation rights, the mother only has supervised visitation. No she wants to regain total custody and has named Her parents and My daughter and husband in this suit. Now, these children are will taken care of, they are in church, they are in dance, play basket ball, straight A's in school. The Bio-Mother lives in a one bed room house and has 5/6 jobs in the past 11 years, at one point had not seen the kids for 2 years straight. What do you think.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what do you think" "what are my rights" or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney and would like to assist you for informational purposes. It sounds like the mother is going to have a fard time winning that case. I have seen parental rights terminated permanently under the fact pattern you described.