How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son's wife (not yet divorced) has placed a restraining

Customer Question

My son's wife (not yet divorced) has placed a restraining order on him claiming child abuse. The girls are 14 and 10. She left the marriage for a boyfriend and is trying everything she can to cut my son out of the girls lives. Seems he is guilty until proves himself innocent. She is guilty of child neglect for several reasons. What can he do?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Wisconsin
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: This separation/divorce has him financially broke. She left him with bills, unpaid rent, etc. and he had two weeks to find a place to live. He had to put down first and last month's rent and deposits on utilities. He works construction and was laid off a lot during the winter. He hasn't been able to save enough for a lawyer yet. She just had her third car accident in less that 3 months and that seems very suspicious. Also, no car insurance, no phone. She doesn't pay her bills (this was a huge problem during the marriage). So my son wonders what she does with her money and child support. $800 mo.
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Is 10 years old too young to be left alone for hours?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking if he can demand to the court that they question her on how the child support is spent? OR are you asking if he can challenge the protection order?