How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2183
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the maternal grandmother. My daughters boyfriend's

Customer Question

I am the maternal grandmother. My daughters boyfriend's mother is trying to get custody of their child. She is doing this illeagally. What can we do to fight her? She has lied in court, but the judge thinks she is a concerned grandmother. She is not.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
Them not having the resources to care for themselves and the child does hurt their case but at the same time court prefer to keep the child with caring parents. Biological parents are preferred by the courts so long as they can show that they are able to care for the child. You can offer to help and testify in court that you are supporting them until they are able to get jobs upon graduation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have their own apartment. My daughter quit school and has a full time job.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
Then I think they will be in good shape. I do recommend having an attorney represent them especially if his mom has one.