How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I have been paying house parents past 11

Customer Question

My husband and I have been paying for a house for my parents for the past 11 years....never charged them rent. We have purchased their cars for them (title in our name) and paid all car insurance. My father has passed away, my brother was released from prison, and is now living in the house with my mother, that I pay for, and has convinced my mother that I am stealing her car and emotionally abusing her. I have an appointment with Adult Protective Services for me to give "my side of the story". They said I do not need an attorney. Do I?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
You probably don't need an attorney in this situation since all of the facts are on your side. I would show up with some sort of proof that you have been paying for the cars and the house, etc.. I would point out exactly what you have told me as it is very compelling. The protective services will weigh this evidence relative to the fact that your brother is an ex-con and is living in a house that you are paying for and likely dismiss the case. They will likely also red flag your brother if he attempts to make another claim. If you are so inclined, after telling your side of the story, you may want to file a complaint against your brother for making a false report against you. In short, save your money and do not have lawyer present, but do show up with proof of your financial position in this situation to prove your case. By the way, I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of experience handling matters of a similar nature. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE Stars) on the ratings bar on your end so I can receive credit for my work. Best wishes going forward!
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any other questions or concerns?
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Just checking to see if you have any other questions or concerns. I want you to be as comfortable as possible in this situation. Thank You!

Related Family Law Questions