How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1601
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to get transcripts from Family Court in Riverhead NY.

Resolved Question:

I need to get transcripts from Family Court in Riverhead NY. How do I get these transcripts? I want the printed transcripts when I was in front of a judge on a certain date. Can I do this online? What information do I need to provide to get these transcripts? Also, how do I file a petition against the parent who violated our custody agreement?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. For family court transcripts you would need to go into the court in Riverhead and request from the clerk, a copy of the transcript. It cannot be obtained online. Also, a petition for violating an order can be completed and filed with the family court clerks office in Riverhead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I knew that information already, please answer the following:
What information do I need to bring to the clerk to get transcripts of a court appearance? License, date of court, ...
Do I get the transcripts immediately? Are they notarized?For petition, can I do this online? How long does it take for the petition to become valid? That is, what is the process, I create the petition, give it to? and they do what? and I get it back when?
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. You can fill out the "custody violation petition" on line at You must bring it to the clerk to be filed, and then they will have you serve it upon the other party. The petition is effective when filed, the clerk will give you a copy and have you serve it, by either a process server, or the Sheriff. Only the judge can issue an order regarding the custody violation, fashion a remedy.

If your court transcript was recorded by an Official Court Reporter, which it usually is, then you would have to contact the Court Reporters Office at the Suffolk County Family Court to obtain a copy. You cannot do it online in Suffolk County, you must go into the general clerks office and file the written request. After the request is processed the court reporter will contact you directly and inform you of the fee for the transcript copy and when it will be ready.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

if you have any other questions, just ask. If not please rate the question for credit and tracking. If you don't rate the question, I will not get credit.