How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive been a stay at home mom and wife years. My husband has

Customer Question

Ive been a stay at home mom and wife for 11 years. My husband has been having an affair for about 5 years. He filed for divorce back in Dec 2014 but since he filed I was lead to believe the case was dismissed, and we were working on our marriage, still living together up until May 15th of this year. Long story short, I found out it was not dismissed, default was getting close so I filed a response. He has since mover out, requesting NO spousal support to be paid and is claiming we have lived apart and been separated since 2014, obviously to avoid the "10 year" rule.
Ive never gone back to school for further training, have only had side temporary odd jobs over the years. How do I calculate the cost of going back to school to add into spousal support?
Of course, he is saying I am well educated enough to find employment to support myself and my 2 other children from a previous relationship.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear this. You can contact a prospective college program that you are interested in to get a tuition quote. I do not think he will be successful to avoid spousal support. He will also be required to pay child support according to the state guidelines.