How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28333
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex has no regard legal rights as a parent and my children

Customer Question

My ex has no regard for my legal rights as a parent and my children are afraid of him. We have 50/50 custody
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have paid well over $30k to a divorce attorney who really hasn't helped me other than getting me divorced and avoiding alimony payments to
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: I want to protect my children.. My ex has then invoked in a sport that is very sketchy and my son has been physically injured and my daughter was assaulted .. Judge knew all of this yet still allows my children to be with him and attend the sport...his ego is so inflated bc he thinks the law can't touch him
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Can you share with me what legal rights he is violating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He does everything he can to keep kids away from me.. Constantly dropping them off on Sunday late, drop off is 6... His usual is 6:30 or later. I was late one time and constantly throws that in my face. He gone behind my back to change children's school, he claims to be only looking out for child but it's about him.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information. He has no legal right to interfere with your court ordered rights/custody. If he is, you can file a motion with the court, seeking to hold him in contempt and the Judge can step in and compel him to comply. Moreover, if the children are afraid of him and there are other issues which concern you, a motion can be filed to modify custody. The Judge is always going to act in the best interest of the children, so you can show and present evidence to the Judge, as to why custody should be modified. You can explain why the children are afraid of him and what he does and how it is better to award you full custody and allow him visitation.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if there were any additional questions or something you needed me to clarify. I am here to help, so please just let me know.