How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9996
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Both my grandson parents were drug addicts while she was

Customer Question

Both my grandson parents were drug addicts while she was pregnant and after she had him a social worker from the state of new jersey came to my house and gave us an option of taking custody of him or put him in foster care we are both in are late sixties can we get any financial help for him ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
What state is this in regards ***** *****?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New jersey
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have not got a answer
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
My most sincere apologies; I was unable to view your response and had to report this to the tech department.I am sorry to hear of your family's situation; the good news is that yes there is financial assistance for grandparents who take custody of their grandchildren, precisely because the state prefers the grandparents as opposed to strangers raise the child. It requires the child to be removed for health/safety reasons; Other assistance is based on the child's income- an application can be obtained here:(###) ###-####food stamps based on the child's income:(###) ###-####health insurance at no/low cost for the children(###) ###-####also please see: I hope this information is helpful!Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat. Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.(no additional charges are incurred). Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
Checking to see how things are going.If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask as I'm here to help!

Related Family Law Questions