How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37026
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been year in this apartment and every ear there is

Customer Question

I have been for 26 year in this apartment and every ear there is increase of payment is there any help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..I am not quite sure I understand your question....Are you asking if the landlord can legally increase the rent each year?.Are you under a written fixed term lease or are you month to month?.Are you in Montgomery county or Baltimore City?.Are you in a rent stabilized building?..thanksBarrister.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've lived in this apartment for 26 years so my rent it ..... Are there any limits on how a landlordFrom Montgomery county
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, unfortunately, there is not a rent restriction law in Montgomery county, there is just a restriction that says that the landlord must give tenants at least 60 days notice prior to any rent increase taking effect. But there is no limit on a landlord increasing rent. But if the tenant is under a written fixed term lease, the rent can't be increased until the lease term ends. If it is month to month, it just requires a 60 day notice in advance..I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy.....thanksBarrister

Related Family Law Questions