Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a sister living in Taiwan years, now 63 years old

Customer Question

I have a sister living in Taiwan for 25 years, now 63 years old living alone. Looking for Estate support following the death of her Taiwanese husband.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This may end up as an asset recovery issue. She signed paperwork in Taiwanese (Chinese) where she received the death certificate but no Life Insurance policy or paperwork for estate closure.
I will be calling the American Institute in Taiwan for US Citizen Services tonight for legal recommendations. If I fail to gain the paperwork she signed off for interpretation and she returns to the US. How do I follow up from the US?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be offline, returning in two hours, please call if you have some guidance or recommendations for follow up.
Thank you for your reply.
I do not know what you are actually seeking from us. Are you asking how to find a local attorney in Taiwan who also may have offices in the US?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly! Offices in Taiwan and the US to continue communications due to the time difference and language gap.
Thank you for your reply.
We cannot make personal referrals, all we can do is tell you that you can find one at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Best wishes.