How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42156
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We had money that we invested with a both friend and a

Customer Question

We had money that we invested with a both friend and a business associate in the tune of $120,000.00 and he passed away the business closed down (beneficial credit clearing and consulting)and his wife took over and we have tried to contact her and we get know response.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you today. You will need a local probate lawyer where he deceased to file a creditor claim against his estate and to sue if unpaid here.Your remedy is against his estate and you may yet be able to force payment from the estate.The lawyer can see if probate is open and go from there.If necessary the lawyer can force probate of his estate so you can then file a claim against it.Lawyer includes legal fees and costs in the claim against executor and estate.Any suit here is filed in probate court as a collection case against the estate. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.