Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My wife wrecked her car into after chasing me through town.

Customer Question
I had my 3 week...
my wife wrecked her car into after chasing me through town. I had my 3 week old child in back. she had her two kids in her car. she was arrested with 3 counts of child endangerment and 1 count of wreckless driving. dcfs was child and a case was made against her. that day, I got an order of protection against her for my child and I. court date set june 9. I want to fight for full custody but what should I do? and what maybe will happen exactly?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
5/23/2016
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. With the current protection order in place, you should have at least temporary custody. If you are going to stay separated and divorce, then you can motion the court to award you custody of the child, at this time. The Judge is ALWAYS going to act in the best interest of the child, so you would want and need to present evidence to show that she is a danger and treat to the child and can not properly care for the child. A hearing will be held and evidence will be present, advising of the same. Moreover, with DCFS involved, there will be a record and they can appear in court to share their findings as well.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or something I can clarify. I am here to help so please just let me know
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer