How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wife/s lawyer filed a petition and request orders and child

Customer Question

wife/s lawyer filed a petition for divorce and request for temporary orders for custody and child support payments. I filed a general denial. then, i filed an amended answer claiming adultery on her part and i asked for temporary orders for me to be given temporary custody. do i need to file anything else
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texis
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no. i went to the law library and got forms from there
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: no, i don 't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Did you respond to the request for temporary orders as well in the response to the divorce petition?

Related Family Law Questions