How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34426
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good morning Loren. Just to clarify. The policy in question

Customer Question

Good morning Loren. Just to clarify. The policy in question was a Juvenile 20 year endowment for a face amount of $1,000 initiated on 5/1/83, matured on 5/1/03, and paid on 2/2/04. The Portuguese Fraternal Society of America (PFSA) issued the policy. The policy was taken out in my son's name and my husband and myself were the legal beneficiaries. Is the PFSA subject to complaint to the California Department of Insurance? As the policy's face value is only $1,000, is it worth it to pursue breach of contract action? Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Wherever the policy is sold is the state whose insurance commission should be complained to.
Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court and can be quite cost effective. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.