Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am 67 and never been served any papers it happen 42 years

Customer Question

I am 67 and never been served any papers for perturnity it happen 42 years agao in MA how long is the statue to be served with a perternity test
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
There is no established statute of limitations on establishing paternity under Massachusetts law. This is set out in the case of Commonwealth v. Gruttner, which says: "We conclude that no time bar blocks the bringing of an action to adjudicate the paternity of an illegitimate child. A criminal nonsupport action, however, must be brought within six years of the last alleged refusal or neglect by a defendant to provide support."Here's a link to the case: http://masscases.com/cases/sjc/385/385mass474.html
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Thus, it is not likely that you could refuse a paternity request based on the statute of limitations expiring, but you should not be liable for any support of the child this long removed from the child being born and reaching the age of majority.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the answer it happened so long ago I acturally don't remember her
Thanks I do not need monthly assistance but I am willing to pay for your answer 59.00
Thank you Angelo
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, and I appreciate the response. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to be a member, I wanted my free trail I see you deducted 56.00 please do not deduct any more
Thank you Angelo
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
We experts don't have access to your account, but you can contact customer service if you have any questions or concerns about your account. They will assist you with any issue you have. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for ascent you. Thanks.